We were honored to be accepted to the Oregon Relays, held at historic Hayward Field on University of Oregon’s Campus. 27 Issaquah athletes competed across 23 events, where we saw 26 personal bests and 2 school records fall. Detailed below are all of the performances we saw at the meet.
- Senior Ethan Blazer (23.76, PR) finished 53rd in the boy’s 200m.
- Junior Brennen Rickey (9:30.02, 28th, PR), senior Ben Konopka (9:42.08, 44th, PR), sophomore Alex Yahn (9:42.45, 45th, PR), and sophomore Henry Tait (9:49.43, 50th, PR) all ran in the boy’s 2 mile.
- Junior Jane Harig (11:35.66, PR) finished 42nd in the girl’s 2 mile.
- Juniors KJ Strunk (142’5″, 18th) and Wyatt Chollman (135’5.5″, 22nd) competed in the boy’s javelin.
- Junior Greyson Pike (53.44) placed 49th in the boy’s 400m.
- Sophomore Sena Pittman (1:00.46, PR) placed an Issaquah meet-high 7th place in the girl’s 400m.
- Senior Courtney Smith (4’9″) placed 17th in the girl’s high jump and (95’6.5″) 28th in the girl’s javelin.
- Our boy’s 4x400m of Nicolas Talluto, Greyson Pike, Maxwell Knight, and Toren Garcia ran to a 24th place finish in a season’s best time of 3:33.42.
- Our girl’s 4x400m team of Sena Pittman, Ilora Farren, Sophie Penton, and Kate Yahn ran to a 19th place finish in a seasons best of 4:09.56.
- Our girl’s Sprint Medley Relay [200m-200m-400m-800m] of Daytona Crow, Sophia Mydlil, Ilora Farren, and Kate Yahn ran a new school record in the event of 4:16.41. They placed 4th overall.
- Our boy’s Distance Medley Relay [1200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m] of Brennen Rickey, Nicolas Talluto, Elliot McIntosh, and Connor Rickey ran a new school record of 10:37.30, finishing 12th as a team. They broke the school record previously set in 2018 of 10:57.10.
- Sophomore Elliot McIntosh (4:35.50, PR) finished 52nd in the boy’s mile.
- Senior Shanthi Hall (16.93) finished 29th overall in the 100m hurdles.
- Sophomore Carson Naehr (5’6.25″) finished 28th in the boy’s high jump.
- Sophomore Connor Rickey (1:56.97, PR, Sophomore School Record) and junior Elijah Miller (2:00.05, PR) finished 18th and 39th, respectively, in the boy’s 800m.
- Senior Kate Yahn (2:25.14) finished 34th overall in the girl’s 800m.
- Sophomore Toren Garcia (40.90, PR) placed 14th in the boy’s 300m hurdles.
- Senior Sophia Mydlil (49.64, PR), placed 38th in the girl’s 300m hurdles.
- Our girl’s 4x200m team of Daytona Crow, Sophie Penton, Madelyn Kramer, and Sena Pittman ran to a 20th place finish in a seasons best of 1:48.56.
- Sophomore Domfo Abekah (35’2.75″, PR, Sophomore School Record) leapt to an 11th place finish in the girl’s triple jump.
Link to full results here.
Issaquah heads to Eastlake for our dual meet on the 27th, and then to the Shoreline Invitational on the 29th. Fly Eagles, Fly!