Issaquah Cross Country 2019
• ELIGIBILITY: Any athlete that earns a Varsity or JV Letter as outlined below will be eligible for PE credit.
• ATTENDANCE: Attend and participate in practices in their entirety. No more than 8 absences of ANY KIND whether
excused or unexcused. Missing part of a practice or non-relay or invitational meet both count as absences. VERY
IMPORTANT: ABSENCES FOR PE CREDIT PURPOSES BEGIN COUNTING ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE SEASON (Monday,
August 26, 2019) REGARDLESS OF WHEN AN ATHLETE BEGINS PARTICIPATING. (I.E. – If you do not turnout for practice until the
second week, you have already tallied 5 absences.)
• COMPLETE THE SEASON: Attend and compete in all non-relay or invitational meets throughout the season. You must be in good standing on the team.
To achieve a letter award, athletes must earn enough points to qualify and complete the season as outlined above.
VARSITY LETTER: 23 points JV LETTER: 5 points
Points are earned both through participation as well as performance in meets. There are many ways to accumulate points:
– KINGCO JAMBOREE Class Race
Top 7 fastest Issy runners: 3 points All other participants: 2 points
– DUAL MEETS “Wednesday Meets”
Finish in top 10 of Issy runners:
1st, 2nd or 3rd: 6 points
4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th: 5 points
8th, 9th or 10th : 4 points
Participate in a dual meet: 1 point per meet
– SATURDAY INVITATIONALS
*Not all IHS team members will compete in these invitationals. Entries are at the discretion of the coaches.*
Run in varsity race: 4 points Run in a non-varsity race: 3 points
– LEAGUE & STATE CHAMPIONSHIP MEETS
Entered as one of our top 9 runners for the varsity race at the league or state championship meet: Automatic varsity letter