Issaquah Cross Country 2016
• ELIGIBILITY: Any athlete that earns a Varsity or JV Letter as outlined below will be eligible for PE credit.
• WAIVER FORM: Waiver forms must be turned-in to Gwen by the conclusion of the season. A specific deadline will be
announced later and the form itself is available on the blog in the right margin on the home page in the ‘General’ section.
• ATTENDANCE: Attend and participate in practices in their entirety. No more than 8 absences of ANY KIND whether
excused or unexcused. Missing part of a practice or non-relay or invitational meet both count as absences. VERY
IMPORTANT: ABSENCES FOR PE CREDIT PURPOSES BEGIN COUNTING ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE SEASON (Monday,
August 22) REGARDLESS OF WHEN AN ATHLETE BEGINS PARTICIPATING. (I.E. – If you do not turnout for practice until the
second week, you have already tallied 5 absences.)
• COMPLETE THE SEASON: Attend and compete in all non-relay or invitational meets through the latest meet on our
schedule that you are eligible for. (For most of the team, that meet will be KingCo on October 22.)
To achieve a letter award, athletes must earn enough points to qualify and complete the season as outlined above.
VARSITY LETTER: 23 points JV LETTER: 5 points
Points are earned both through participation as well as performance in meets. There are many ways to accumulate points:
– KINGCO JAMBOREE & TAHOMA RELAYS
*Not all IHS team members will compete at Tahoma Relays. Entries are at the discretion of the coaches.*
Top 7 fastest Issy runners: 3 points All other participants: 2 points
– DUAL MEETS “Wednesday Meets”
Finish in top 7 of Issy runners: 1st or 2nd : 6 points
3rd, 4th, or 5th : 5 points
6th or 7th : 4 points
Non-top 7 Issy runner who beats the # 7runner on opposing team(s): 1 point per opposing team
Participate in a dual meet: 1 point per meet
– BELLEVUE, TWILIGHT, AND HOLE-IN-THE-WALL INVITATIONALS
*Not all IHS team members will compete in these invitationals. Entries are at the discretion of the coaches.*
Run in varsity race: 3 points Run in a non-varsity race: 2 points
Issy runner in a non-varsity race that beats the time of an Issy runner that is in a varsity race: 1 point
– LEAGUE, DISTRICT & STATE CHAMPIONSHIP MEETS
Achieve season PR in league championship meet: 2 points
Issy runner in JV race with faster time than slowest varsity runner from any team: 1 point per team, 8 points max.
Run in the varsity race at the league, district, or state championship meet: Automatic varsity letter
Letter points tally for entire team will be posted on the team website following each meet.